March 4, 2010 in Zen Cart Guides
Is this useful? Like it.
Basically, Ez-Pages is used to create new links or pages for your Zen Cart site.
It’s a very easy to use tool, but seems to easily confuse new users as well.
From the many Ez-Pages related questions received — almost all were about “links that don’t appear on the menu bar after being created with Ez-Pages“.
And they were always caused by the same mistake — forgetting to set the “Order:” number of the link.
Most templates use the Ez-Pages for the top menu bar, like the screenshot below (taken from our Premium 7a template):
To create a new item for the menu bar:
- Go to Admin > Tools > Ez-Pages > click “new file” button
- Just type in the relevant info and click “insert” (please see screenshot below for example of creating a HOME link for the top header menu)
- Remember to fill in the “Order:” field — it is used to sort the display of the links. If it is left at the default “0″, the link will not be displayed.
- From the screenshot, you can see that for a link to Home, I entered index.php?main_page=index .. for other pages, you can go to the frontend of your site, browse any page and get the URL. For example, the contact page is index.php?main_page=contact_us
- All our premium Zen Cart templates use Ez-Pages for the top menu bar, so that you can manage the links/pages easily.
For further info, check out the official Zen Cart tutorial: Zen Cart tutorials and FAQs – Ez-Pages
Compatibility: Zen Cart 1.5.1, 1.5.0, 1.3.9 and 1.3.8